So not learning Spanish before I ventured out here is probably going down as one of the biggest school girl errors in MissChivers life history.
A couple of days recuperating at the first apartment (albeit in quite a dodgy area, I didn't venture out much yesterday), I left today to realise I had no idea how I was going to explain to a taxi driver where I needed to go. Luckily the boss of the bakers next to the apartment helped out, hailing a taxi and explaining where my destination in San Borja was. However, this was not before I was shown to his office behind the bakery, played some electronic music and from what I can gather, escaped a proposal of marriage. From buying bread to having 20-question inquisition about why I am single and that I might like to spend time with him (massage included) is rather quick relationship progression, even for me. I declined politely.
I am now at a very aptly named "Happy Up Here" hostel in San Borja, Lima. It's £9.00 per night and beats any hostel I've stayed in back in the UK. As soon as I have worked out my Animoto video editor, I can start adding my video blogs to this, and then you'll see what I mean!
Aside from that, I am getting quite excited about joining the Sense International team tomorrow, which is what this trip and campaign is all about.
** For more info on the campaign and to donate please click here **
No comments:
Post a Comment