So... I'll start with the actual sleep/awake patterns, so that I don't interject the actual awesome stuff with comments of huge sleep deprivation moments of not being able to talk properly (English, Japanese, whatever, it was gobbledegook) and eating dinner at strange hours:
Wednesday 13.05: flight left at 8pm UK time with a transfer at Paris.
Thursday 14.05: arrived at Tokyo around 6pm local time (that'll be 8am UK time).
My major school girl error here was sleeping a solid 9 hours out of the 11 hour flight from Paris to Tokyo - without meds - how the hell did I do that?!
Thursday night I couldn't sleep a wink, so ploughed on through.
Friday 15.05: things started to go a little weird around 3pm, so I went for a "nap" at 5pm. A lovely Scottish lady at the hotel gave me two sleeping pills with the advice "only one will do the trick lovey"
Saturday 16.05: woke up at 4pm - WTF??!!! (I may have taken both sleeping pills) - then headed to the gig venue.
Saturday night I couldn't sleep, so trundled on through, again.
Sunday 17.05: took a 4 hour nap at 1pm, and headed to the venue for 6pm.
Which brings me up to date - it's 2.15am and I can't bleeding sleep again! I leave the hotel at 7am for the airport bus, so once again, I'm riding this one through.
But when I add it up, over a 5 day period, I've slept 36 hours. It makes perfect sense, my mind never left the UK time zone!


No comments:
Post a Comment